Will you be visiting an exotic destination this summer? Will you be enjoying the sun at the pool or the beach? Then try a sun tattoo or tan-too! You can apply the sun tattoo sticker anywhere on your body and wait for the sun do its job. After a while you can show everyone your sun tattoo by simply removing the sticker. Sun tattoos became a real boom at the beach last year! And the trend is sure to continue…
Be careful! A sunburn is dangerous. Be sure to read our tips for safe sunbathing at the bottom of the article.
Sexy sun tattoos
The summer is the time to show your toned body. Make your looks even more seductive with these sexy tattoos!
Like these sultry lips…
Or what about a tan-too that hints of lace…
These tan-toos send a very clear message…
Feminine sun tattoos
The sun tattoo trend is especially popular with women. These tan-toos emphasize your beautiful holiday tan even more. The most popular of the feminine tan-toos are the flowers, the butterflies, hearts and cute animals…
Funny sun tattoos
Men however, usually prefer witty sun tattoos…
Some tan-too fans feel sun tattoos should be a work of art, just like permanent tattoos.
Take a look at this amazing Mona-Lisa:
This lady applies all kinds of stickers to her body during sunbathing. The tan-too serves as an accessory to her evening dress.
You can also achieve a great result with a simple T-shirt. Make sure that your T-shirt offers a tight fit, otherwise the lining might blur.
No matter how gorgeous a tanned skin looks, you should never endanger your own health. Everyone knows that solar radiation can do a lot of damage. Therefore it’s important that you takes sufficient precautions. Please read the following tips!
1. Always apply sunblock cream with a high protection factor. Use at least factor 20. Make sure to apply a sufficiently thick layer. That’s also the method the manufacturer uses to classify the factor of the cream. Make sure to buy a new bottle every year, as sunblock cream quickly loses its effectiveness.
Do not sunbath for more than 30 minutes, without protection.
2. Apply sunblock cream every two hours and make sure to reapply directly after swimming, even if the bottle states the contained cream is “waterproof”.
3. Do not sunbath between 12:00 AM and 03:00 PM. During this period the sun is at its zenith and the risk of sunburn is at its highest. Be aware that you also tan whilst in the shadows. Even if you do not sit directly in the sun, about 50% of the UV radiation will still reach your skin. Make sure to apply sufficient sunblock cream!
4. If despite all the precautions your skin still turns red or starts feeling burned, please make sure to move out of the sun and apply an after tanning lotion. The after tanning lotion should ideally contain some aloe vera.
5. When you wear a tan-too sticker, you have to be careful when removing the sticker and going back into the sun. The skin below the sticker will start tanning, but as it was protected from the sun by the sticker, it will be more sensitive to sunlight. Make sure to apply sufficient sun blocking cream!
Enjoy your tan-too this summer, but don’t forget about your health!